Building Joy for 70 Years
Saint Raphael Catholic School is growing! As we celebrate building joy for 70 years, we also welcome our new families, and happily announce that we are accepting K-8 enrollments for the 2023-24 academic year. Saint Raphael families are proud of our small classroom sizes, emphasis on forming virtuous character, and commitment to academic excellence. Similarly, our preschool program is geared towards Kindergarten-readiness, and is offered year-round for all potty-trained 3 and 4 year olds. Saint Raphael Preschool offers flexible scheduling with 2-5 days a week, and both full-time and part-time programming.
Saint Raphael Catholic School nurtures the development of each child through elite, classical, Catholic education that stresses the love of Jesus Christ. The church calls Catholic educators to form the intellect, imagination, and sacramental worldview of young scholars, and Saint Raphael does this by:
- a joyful Catholicity that emphasizes the value of prayer, liturgy and the sacraments
- faithful obedience to the Magisterium of the Catholic Church
- curriculum that seeks to instill Christian values, cultivate spiritual formation, and develop intellectual and personal excellence
- curricular and co-curricular activities that emphasize Christian virtue, integrity and self-control
- rhetorical formation for students to speak on matters of faith in wisdom and confidence
An education from Saint Raphael Catholic School fosters a love of learning, personal excellence, and logical thinking, rather than merely meeting standard achievement goals. Students are expected to take pride and ownership of their learning, and to ask well formed questions. Informed by the western tradition, and formed by two-thousands years of Christian classical education, Saint Raphael students are expected to engage deeply with their learning for the love of wisdom and personal formation.
- emphasis on grammar, logic, rhetoric, and the classics, and on universal fields such as the humanities, arts and sciences
- topics are stressed as important because they are beautiful and lend to a well-formed soul, rather than modern education models which value ideas as useful or trendy
- morals are instilled into subject fields. Students are taught to to value and build character rather than questioning actions as of relative or neutral importance
- questions are encouraged, especially beyond the classroom topic
- rather than using entertainment to engage learning, students will be held to a high standard of excellence and learn to enjoy a sense of achievement in their academic excellence
Our culture is based on the conviction that parents are the primary educators of their children. A Saint Raphael Catholic School education furthers the family values and formation received at home in the wholistic growth of the student. We take pride that Saint Raphael families know each other’s names, partake in community activities, and have their voices heard in the advancement of the school.
- fostering respectful and open communication among parents, staff, students and alumni
- A variable tuition rate which molds to each family’s unique financial resources, such that an elite, classic, Catholic education is available to everyone
- founding education on dignity by teaching that all are made in the image of God
- defending the culture of life by being unconditionally Pro-Life, and celebrating all ethnicities, languages, and socio-economic backgrounds
- nurturing young minds with age-appropriate material in progression towards mature content